Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trip 5---the Massachusetts State House


This weekend I visited the Massachusetts State House which near the Boston Common. I noticed this building before because its golden dome, but I never thought is is a government building. This friday is a sunny day, the golden dome of the Massachusetts State House reflected sunshine, and it really beauteful.

When I walked into the State House just like walked into a historical mesuem. There is a picture of Lincol and some books reflected the history of USA. The Massachusetts State House is also called the New State House. It located in Boston and Beacon Hill. The building house includes the Massachusetts general court and the office of governor of the Massachusetts. The building is 27000m2 and once owned by John Hancock, who is the first elected governor. The dome was painted gray and light yellow at first. I really like the cute dome, just like a pine cone.

After the trip, I hang in the garden which is located infront of the Massachusetts State House. I found that there are so many squirrels in the park. And when I sit down in the grass , they come closer to me and want something to eat. I think the squirrels in the park is more brave than squirrles in northestern, I mean they want to be more closer to people. I am in addicted in wathing these cute creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment