Monday, July 19, 2010

Harvard University

Last Friday, we went to Harvard University. This is the second time I went there. Because of the “tour guide”, I went to many places that I didn’t be the first time.


Before I went there, the most attractive place for me is the dining hall. Because last year, my brother took a summer course at Harvard University, he told me that its dining hall especially for freshman is very good not only for its food provided but also for the architectural style. I was eager to see how good it is and when I first saw the architecture, I thought it is the dining hall and fortunately I was right.



Another building that attracts me is the Widener Library. It is the primary building of Harvard University. According to the “tour guide”, under the terms of the Widener family donation, the exterior of the library should never be altered. So as the number of books kept on increasing and the space was limited, Harvard finally decided to build more space underground. This shows that though the providing things are limited, as long as we want to figure the problem out, there certainly are ways waiting for us to explore.

3 comments:

  1. I want to see the dining hall!I didn't get in that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dining Hall is one of the most beautiful place in Harvard. It was a pity that I haven't went there in that day.

    ReplyDelete