Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Massachusetts State House



Last Friday, I visited The Massachusetts State House which was the oldest building on Beacon Hill. Before I went here, I had heard the reason of state leaders decided that they needed a new State House was they wanted a larger and more elegant home that better reflected the prosperous new republic and was spacious enough to accommodate and expanding government.
The new Massachusetts State House was really large and grand. It covered two city blocks. The dome of building was gilded with gold leaf. And it was topped with a lantern a pinecone, symbol of the forests of Massachusetts. It was gorgeous and elegant.
When I entered there, I saw some statues of American first president Washington, the pride of Massachusetts Lincoln and other famous politicians. All of them made huge contributions to America and Massachusetts.
Furthermore, I visited the gallery and some offices in Massachusetts. The tour guide introduced them to us and made me learned a lot about Massachusetts’s political history. And the most impressive place to me was the general court which was the lower house of The Massachusetts Senate. It was very superb. A lot of state general elections were hold there. And I was very excited that the tour guide told us we could watch the elections and meetings there.
Last Sunday was American Independent Day. The whole city was immersed in a festival atmosphere. I was very glad that I could visit The Massachusetts State House and learn a lot of political history of Massachusetts in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment