Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Massachusetts State House

We went to Massachusetts on last Friday. This is my first time to been to the State House. I was excited about this trip.


When we arrived at the Massachusette StatHouse, I was surprised to see such a beautiful and grand building. The Massachusetts State House is the oldest building on Beacon hill. The building and its grounds cover two city blocks. The house was even more wonderful than I expected, a cheerful white-and-red mansion, overlooking the Boston Common. The dome of the State House was made by wood in the beginning, but now it is made from gild. It costed more than 300 thousand dollars. It is glance and shining in rhe sun. This building is really amazing me.


When I entered in the State House, I saw a big portrait about Abraham Lincon. Lincon is stand up in this portrait. The tour conductor told us that this portrait is rare because LIncon was really tall, he always sat when painter wanted to paint her. This is one of rare portrait. Isn't it interesting?




Before we went to the second floor, we saw a big gallery. It is very grace and grandness. Black stairs with yellow droplights, beautiful and classical. When we get to the second floor, we saw the conference room of Congress. The arrangement of chairs and desks in there are looks like theater. The color of desks and chairs are brown, and the floor is blue. These two color bring out the best in each other. It makes people comfortable. I can image the situation of debate between Represatatives. That must a drastic debate. after that, we went to the conference room of Senate. There is a big tound table in the centre of the room. There are several chairs around the table. Each chair has its own height. It is decided by the height of the senator. How thoughtful of this design.


I am so happy that I have the chance to visit Massachusettes State House in Boston. Though the trip, I learned more information and history about Massachusettes. It wa a wonderful trip. I love it very much.

1 comment: