Friday, July 16, 2010

Blog 7 Harvard University

Huang Weize, Victor

Exploring America/Summer Semester

7/16/10

Blog7

Harvard University

This Friday, I went to the most distinguished university in the world-----Harvard University. Its fame is so worldwide and renowned that I have heard of it since I was born. When I was in china, I kept thinking about visiting Harvard University, today my dream come true.

Even if the temperature has reached 92 degree, I was carrying great hope and expectation to visit this university. The first thing which is so impressive for me is its construction style and appearance. The majority of buildings are full of ancient and grievous feelings. They are covered by dark red bricks with elegant genre. Here, I found an exception, it is Science Hall. I suppose that it is because development of science demands development of technology that Harvard University built this Hall in a very modern and contemporary way.

Besides, it was really fortunate for me to have a guide who gave us speech about the information of Harvard. He led us to go to some typical and symbolistic place and started to introduce the relevant information. Harvard University is a private university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and a member of the Ivy League. Established in 1636 by the colonial Massachusetts legislature, Harvard is the first corporation chartered in the United States and oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. This university currently comprises ten separate academic units. Harvard has the largest financial endowment of any school in the world, standing at $26 billion as of September 2009. Harvard is consistently ranked as a leading academic institution in the world by numerous media and academic rankings.

He also introduced the law school. Having read lots of book about American history, I also know that there are many successful presidents who graduated from law school in Harvard University. Nowadays, the current president Barack Hussein Obama also graduated from it.

The Harvard University is too big to afford enough time for us to finish visiting; I really look forward to another chance to finish this unforgettable trip.

Work cited:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_University”. 16 July 2010 at 11:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment