Saturday, July 31, 2010

Huang Weize, Victor Blog8 Trip to MIT museum

Huang Weize, Victor
Exploring America
8/1/2010 Summer Semester
Blog 8
Trip to MIT
On this Friday, I was organized to go to MIT museum. It was very sunny but not so hot. We went on orange line and transferred to red line and finally arrived at our destination at CENTRAL stop.


I kept going straight about 3 blocks after landing, and then I saw a museum with advanced and modern architectural style. Having got into the building, there was a tour guide giving us speech about the general information about this museum. After that, I went to the second floor and turned life without hesitation because the tour guide had said that the robot exhibition was on your left hand. With unprecedented excitement, I started my trip.


The first thing came into my sight was a robot arm displaying in a glass closed counter. I could see the electronic circuit in its arm very clearly! Hundreds of red chips and thousands of black electronic line fascinated me a lot. It even reminded me of the physical knowledge I learned in my senior high school. Then I walked inside. There were lots of pictures with “magic”. The pictures were all in single planes; however, all of them seemed to have three dimensions which were full of cubic effect. They were created so vivid and elegant that I could not identify them with my eyes!


When I came back my dorm, I searched on line about these magic pictures. Then I got to know that they were relevant with electro-optical effect. I was very good at physics and got to know its deep theory about how to produce such an attractive effect. In the future, I hope that I can be provided opportunity to learn exactly what happened on these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment