Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Field trip- The State House

This week we went to visit the State House in Boston. When I was in China, I studied American Study in Kaplan. At that time, I was taught the Senate and the House of Representative, but I did not know where these officers work and how the State House looks like. This time, I got a chance to have deeper understanding of the american politics. The State House in located near the Park Street and it is not very big. There are four floors in this building. In this building, there are many sculptures of some famous politicians such as John. F. Kennedy. There are also many paintings on the wall which tell the story of the american history. The front door of the State House rarely opens, this is fact surprised me a lot. After the guider explain the reason to us, I understood it is to show how important the State House is. Last time it opened is about ten years ago.
After that, we went to the second floor to the Senate and the House of Representatives. That really impressed me a lot. I can imagine all the senators have a meeting here. It is interesting that there are both fish on the top of the Senate and the House of Representatives.
It is an interesting trip. I think a learned a lot from this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment