Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The trip to freedom trail

On a really hot day, our group go to one of the hottest places in Boson. Our trip begin at the place called Boston Common. It is really a relaxing place for people to have a rest and enjoy the natural environment. Mrs. Moir tell us in serval years ago there is the place which people raise sheep. I can imagine how peaceful life the farmers leads. After fifteen minutes stay, we go to see the Parker Street Church, when I get in the church, a kind of smell remind me how many years it have. It is also a place where the national song firstly ring in the 1831 independence day in the United States. Next, we get the place called Granary Burying Ground. It is a place where burying many famous people in Boston, such as the signatories of the Declaration of Independence: John Hancock and Samual Adams and also the parents of the Franklin. With a respectful atmosphere, we briefly look around the King's Chapel and Boston Latin school. Then, it is a place named Old City Hall, there is a statue of Franklin and also a small donkey. I and Andy give our group a small introduction of a important place in the freedom trail, Faneuil Hall. And then we have a rest and I go to the Quincy Market and grab some delicious snack to eat. The price for different place snacks is really expensive. After I eat up, Oyin tell us a bad news the weather is too high to continue the following trip.
In order to understand the steps of the foundation of the United States, I will choose another day to complete the Freedom trail. I am really appreciate the courage and wisdom of the pioneers of the founder of the United States. At last, I have to say I really enjoy my life in Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment