Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Freedom Trail


Last Friday, we had a great time about the freedom trail. We went many places, such as Boston Common, Park Street Church, Old Corner Bookstore, and so on. Those are really nice places, and leave me deep impression.




My favorite palce is the Boston Common. It was established in 1634, and it is the oldest public park in America. Puritan colonists purchased land rights to the Common's 44 acres from first settler of the area. Sometimes it was crowed by soiders, but now it is a place that open for people to enjoy.




There is a big lawn, many people lied in the sun to enjoy the sunlight. Moreover, there are many animals played in the fileds, such as birds, squirrels, and so on. They don't afraid of people. In contrast, they played with people. Some people feed these lovely animals. There is a fountain. The fountain is very beautiful. It is made by copper, and it is fancy. I have artistic feeling from this fountain.




Then, we went to the Granary Burying Ground. It also leaves me a deep impression. The Granary Burying Ground was established in 1660. It is the place for Boston's most famous sons. Many heroes were buried here. There are many steles which carve the heroes' name. When I wlaked into this place, I feel serious atmosphere in there, and let me thought lots of things. This place make people feel serenity and serious, and let people think deeply.

Although Friday is very hot, we still feel happy about the tour of the freedom trail. It is a pity that we haven't finish our tour because of the hot weather. I believe that we have the opportunity to finish it. Though this tour, I learned more things and history about Boston. I love Boston than before.

2 comments:

  1. This trip is so exciting that most of us are glad to see many relics in Boston where is the beginning of this great country. i am looking forward to having a trip again.

    ReplyDelete