Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Freedom Trail

This was my third field trip of the Exploring America. It was really a hot day. We started our trip at Park Street which is a very beautiful place. Our aim was to visit above 10 different scenery spots. During the trip I saw many ancient buildings and I realized that is the reason why Boston is so attractive. It is a combination of the history and modern. Boston is absolutely a city with a long history because there are so many old chapels or buildings in a small range. Among all the places I visited, the King's Chapel and Granary Burying Ground impressed me a lot. The King's Chapel is a fantastic chapel though it is a little bit small. The chapel looks old but it is protected very well. It makes me feel that I appeared at the time when is was built. Inside the chapel it was so beautiful, there is a stage for priest to declaim. It told how a chapel looks like. The Granary Burying Ground also impressed me a lot because I never thought about seeing buries in the city center. It made me thought about the ending of the Prison Break. It was a pity that I and my partner were too tired to go to the last three stops of the Freedom Trail. So I did not have the chance to see how beautiful the Copp's Hill is.
Even so, I had a good time through it field trip. It makes me become more familiar with Boston and american history.

Tim Jiang

No comments:

Post a Comment