Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Central Federal Bank

This week, the field trip for Exploring America was visiting one of the twelve American Federal Bank. However, it is unfortunately I didn’t have that chance because my ankle was sprained the day before field trip. Luckily, I have heard a lot from my friends after then went back, and I’m so exciting and looking for a second chance to visit it by myself.
The function of the Central Federal Bank is doing research on economic activities as well as making monetary and financial policy for the whole country. Since the American government has already been provided with great power, in order to avoid the corruption among government, the Central Federal Bank is private funded. And they offer financial services such as transfer of funds but they do not print money. In addition, Federal Reserve Banks supervise and examine commercial banks that are members of this system.
Furthermore, my friend told me there is a excellent presentation made by one staff in Central Federal Bank. The presenter showed us several ways to identify fake money, like concentric circles, water mark, polymer thread, color shifting ink and so on. It seems better to use credit card or debt card.
This trip is very meaningful and useful for not only experiencing more about America this nation, but also we can learn economic and financial knowledge from it. I’m so regret that I missed this wonderful opportunity, but I am looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment